How many times have you thought: if I knew what the personal trainers or fitness professionals knew, I would be set.
You know you could do this journey if you just had a little help right? May just some tips to get you started? You’ve been told over and over: eat right, exercise, and it will happen…..but is that enough to really get you started on your journey?
You’ve tried every diet. You’ve paid out thousands for programs you see on TV. The UPS man knows you by name and you are the informercial queen. You’ve bought foods you hate, watched foods you hate spoil in the fridge, then thrown away said foods because you HATE them 😉
Have you ever thought, I wonder what they tell their clients? Have you wondered what tips they give? Could you use a little direction? Maybe you could just use a little insight of where to begin and what would get you started.
Well, guess what?!? Now you can! I asked my TDF Coaching staff for their best tips for healthy weight loss. What are the tips they WANT their clients to know? What do they wish someone had told them?
You will notice none of my TDF Coaches will give you quick fixes. We are all about real, long term, sustainable weight loss- not a quick program.
Keep reading for tips from girls who I feel are the best of the best in the industry:
Hadley is a A.C.E certified personal trainer, NPC competitor and ilovekickboxing.com instructor.
Here are Hadley’s 5 tips:
• Different programs work for different people. If one doesn’t work for you don’t give up all together just keep trying until you find what works for your body. Give a dietary change or new workout routine a chance to work. After 90 days if you don’t see a positive change then seek a different program.
• Do it for YOU! Don’t lose weight for anyone else but YOU! Don’t compare yourself to others, strive to be the best version of YOU!
• Focus on improving your health and the weight loss will follow. Extreme deprivation diets may result in fast weight loss but not long term weight loss. Keep your diet balanced and fill your plate up with green veggies!
• One word: Water. Drink plenty of water. Put down the sugary high calorie nutritionally void beverages and replace with water. Making sure you are properly hydrated will help your metabolism function more efficiently.
• Enjoy the journey! Yes, reaching your big goal feels amazing but celebrate your daily accomplishments. Recognize how strong you are getting and how great you feel each day.
Liana is a Physician’s Assistant and Personal Trainer who specializes in weight training, step aerobics, boot camps, metabolic training, and high intensity interval training.
Liana’s 5 Tips:
1. Remove processed foods.
2. Stay away from low calorie diets.
3. Focus more on weights than cardio.
4. Age does not define your health.
5. Focus on your body fat percentage rather than weight.
Jessica has been an ACE Certified Trainer since 2003 and also obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition Science from Florida State University. She is certified as an RRCA running coach, TDF Master Trainer, and working towards Precision Nutrition Level 1 certification.
Jessica’s 5 Tips:
1. Avoiding food is the worst thing you can do for your metabolism and overall health. Starving does not equal weight loss or strength gains.
2. As a reformed cardio queen I saw the most shaping and toning in my body with a consistent weight training routine. Don’t be afraid of lifting.
3. It takes about 20 minutes for your body to register that it’s full. So eating to you are about 80% full is a good rule of thumb if you tend to eat fast like me.
4. I wish someone had told me how important it is to have a plan. Know where you want to go. Don’t know? Discuss your goals with a professional and let them help you work towards your goals and dreams.
5. Sleep is incredibly important. A rested body is a happy body. I’ve always struggled with going to bed on time and staying asleep but now it’s a focus of mine. Sleep deprivation can alter the hormones associated with hunger increasing your appetite.
Are you an expecting Mommy? You aren’t left out in this post either!
Personal Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, and expecting Mommy.
Dana’s tips for expectant mom’s:
1.Don’t really “eat for two” the baby you are growing is small and really needs only an extra 350 calories a day…which is like a glass of 2% milk and a granola bar.
2. Keep exercising! Your body is use to it already and as you gain weight and give life to a new person, it puts a lot of strain on your body so you need those muscles.
3. Sleep while you can because for the next year (or more) you will be getting up every few hours. Let the house be dirty…sleep!!!
4. Prepare for baby by stocking your freezer. You can live for months off freezer meals and it makes your life so much easier.
5. Take time for you! Pregnancy is exhausting both physically and mentally so make sure you give yourself a break, relax, and pamper yourself because growing a human is hard work!!
ps- she also has a private support group for moms-to-be and new moms – click here to join
There ya have it! 20 tips for healthy weight loss from girls who train clients daily to success. Did this help you? Please click share below on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+ if you like this and want more blogs with tips!