It is no secret that I lost 100lbs working out at home. I have told my story many times of my fear of the gym. The first time I stepped foot in a gym to exercise was my first class I taught as an instructor!!! How’s that for some scary stuff 😉
I also have been very vocal from the beginning about what program I used to lose 100lbs and while I don’t sell it or work for the company that does sell it- I am still an avid fan so yes, this program will be #1 on my list even above my own programs because I feel like this one program, saved my life. So, are you ready to see my top 5?!? Plus- 2 of my top 5 are free!
ps- no I don’t sell any of these, work for these companies, make any money off of you purchasing them, nor do I get any credit for telling you these top 5 (except my own and well..duh, I love my programs haha)
- Turbo Jam. Yes, I love it. I lost all my weight with Chalene Johnson’s programs. I own (yes, still own) ALL of her workout dvds from Beachbody and if I am going to work out at home? This is still the program I choose (10 years later, it’s still my favorite as the first day I picked it up). I even made it to her website for my success story:
- Iron Bombshell 1. Ok this is a shameless plug BUT it is my favorite of all the programs I have written over the past 5 years. I even love this one over it’s sequel, “ The Bombshell Beatdown: Iron Bombshell 2”. It’s just one of my all time favorites because it teaches women how to do strength training and gets them away from the stigma of: cardio only. I’ve sold thousands of copies of this program and it still remains a customer top fave 3 years since I wrote it.
- Jillian Michaels. I love her programs! I have several of her DVDs. She is pretty straight forward and to the point. No frills, no dancey stuff, just basic exercise. I also love the fact that her dvds are generally under 15 bucks! For the bargain shopper, that’s pretty sweet! If you are willing to search, often you can find them for $9.99! PS- If you search on Youtube, often her entire workout videos are uploaded for free on various youtube channels for you to “try before you buy” the actual DVD!!
- Natalie Jill Fitness. I found Natalie Jill’s website about a year or so ago and have been hooked since! I’m not sure if it’s because all of her workouts are easy for someone without equipment or the fact that she smiles while she is knowingly making people burn 🙂 If you are short on cash, have little to no equipment, this is who you want to check out because 99% of her workouts are free on her youtube channel!!!
- Chalene Johnson. Yes, I realize she is in #1 and no I’m not dumb. However- she gives free short workout routines on her Instagram regularly!! These are little clips of workouts to do at home with basic equipment and aren’t anything like Turbo Jam, so I feel it’s legit to list her programs twice since this is nothing like #1. Plus- did I mention it’s FREE?!? Yes. She is awesome. I lost 100lbs with her programs. Go now. Follow her. Do her workouts. 😉
There ya go! My top 5 fave at home workout programs!!
I hope you find at least 1 on here to try. Let me know if you have tried any of these and if so, which is your favorite?
As always- luv you big!
ps- If you want more free workouts from me? www.traindirtyfitness.ning.com and with basic membership you can access short workouts or with a full membership of $5/month- you have access to full length recorded workouts 🙂