…..That Doesn’t Taste Like Used Gym Socks
Eat your veggies, just like your mama told you 🙂 Sometimes though, let’s just put it out there on the table (pun intended): steamed plain veggies get old. For years I ate plain broccoli because I didn’t have a really good Easy Broccoli Recipe. Good and Easy never seemed to go in the same sentence. Now before you say anything: I do not care what you tell me, I’ve been doing this for years and yes after so many bags of the Green Giant Steamables- I’m at my witts end for plain veggies. Creativity comes into play if you want flavor without all the bad fats. Which is why I am sharing with you this Easy Broccoli Recipe
Check out this recipe that will appease your taste buds without making you cringe when you weigh in at the end of this week.
Easy Broccoli Recipe
Here’s what you need…
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower heads and then pat dry. It’s important to dry thoroughly so that it will roast properly. Cut into small florets.
- In a medium bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Toss until well combined and then spread over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven once the florets are tender with crispy bottoms.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked florets and serve immediately.
Makes: 4 Servings
Nutritional Analysis: 160 calories, 4g fat, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein
Now, go eat your veggies like a good girl 😛
Want more recipes like this Easy Broccoli Recipe? I have ya covered!