I love to grab a quick yogurt parfait from the fruit section in stores. They are easy and quick plus in general- they always taste decent. How hard is it to mess up yogurt, granola/oats/nuts, and fruit in a cup right? I’ve even been known to buy them from gas stations and they are good! Have I ever told you all that I LOVE to stop at gas stations while on road trips? Weird? I guess, but I do! Pilots are normally where I stop (I even have their frequent buyer card) but I love Sheetz and WaWa too. You can find the best neeto skeeto stuff at a gas station 😉 Don’t judge me for my gas station addictions.
This yogurt parfait recipe is easy to make and full of protein thanks to the added protein powder and cottage cheese! It will make you think you stopped at the #1 gas station in America 😛
Here’s what you need…
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt, plain, fat free
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 scoop high quality strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
- 1 Tablespoon pecan pieces, toasted
- In a small bowl use a whisk to combine the yogurt, cottage cheese and protein powder. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place half of the yogurt mixture into a clear cup, top with the berries and then the remaining yogurt mixture. Top with pecans.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 260 calories, 6g fat, 307mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 38g protein.
Need a few more recipes that are healthy and don’t taste like poop? Check out this Healthy Recipe E-Book for only $1!