Get More Instagram Followers For Free
As a professional, growing an audience on Instagram is important to you. It is to me also and that’s why I created this quick guide on how to get more Instagram followers for free. The key to my tips? These are REAL people who will become loyal followers if you follow my steps. Having a huge following on Instagram is great but if they aren’t purchasing, engaging, or interacting with you- did you really succeed?
Tips for the Professional Woman
Make your Instagram attractive. You know it and I know it, ugly just won’t work. You’ve got only a few seconds to keep a new follower intrigued. Implement these simple tips today and you too can get more Instagram followers for free that are real people.
1. Use a professional profile photo: I’m not talking about an uber filtered selfie here. I mean a real professional headshot done by a photographer. Your smile is your brand, do you really want your brand to be a selfie? You get one shot at this, don’t miss the mark by showing them a dirty bathroom mirror selfie. Your vibe attracts your tribe. To be viewed as a professional, present yourself as such.
2. Offer a firm handshake: Have you ever shaken someone’s hand and thought: ,”They have a noodle grip”? I have! I was taught years ago to offer a firm handshake with every greeting. Your virtual handshake is the profile of your Instagram account. The profile section is just as important as the photo. This is where your new follower will meet you. What does yours say about you? This is not the place to sell them a product or talk about how much money you make. Don’t tell your followers what you are, tell them WHO you are. Choose to share fun facts about yourself and invite them to get to know you better.
3. Get their attention above the fold: The first 6 photos are what shows “above the fold” on most mobile devices and let’s face it- most people are on mobiles 99% of the time. Make your photos so colorful and attractive your follower will want to scroll down for more. Instagram is all about the photo and less about the sale. Post photos that describe your brand and follow your branding color scheme. Don’t forget to show the real you here! That’s what they came for, right?
4. Be a courteous follower: Someone follows you? Check out their page and double tap on a photo or 2! If you have a connection with them, follow back. There is no rule you have to follow everyone but take the time to look at the pages of those who follow you. Just remember, most people chose to follow you, so they can unfollow just as quickly. The chances of that happening are slimmer if you show interest in them also. If you like their photos, don’t forget to show them you did! Offer a few double taps/comments on their photos even if you didn’t follow them back.
5. Comment every time: Reply to all of your comments! You can’t build an engaged audience if you ignore their comments on your photos. A loyal following isn’t built through money or ads. It’s built through getting to know your audience. What better way than to respond to their comments to you? Never ignore someone. As your following grows, there will be times you miss a comment or 2 but if you have been consistent with responding and engaging? Don’t worry- your followers won’t get in a tizzy that quick 🙂
Leave me a comment with your Instagram handle and I’ll give you a follow! Be sure to visit me on Instagram, I’m @crystallhoneycutt and @crystaleatscakeforbreakfast
Want more free tips? Comment below with what you need and I’ll do my best!
Need more? I manage Instagram accounts!