This secret breakfast omelette recipe is courtesy of my sweet friend, Dani, who is part of the TDF Leadership team as an Assistant Master Trainer (going into her 2nd year with this role, can we get a Whoop Whoop for her 😉 ) I asked all of my leadership team to share recipes, Dani however, being the over achieve she is came to me with a secret breakfast omelette recipe. Here is the deal if I share this: DO NOT TELL MAMA that Dani shared “Grandma’s breakfast omelette” 😉
This is something I have been lucky to eat all my life – just some regular old eggs brought to life by Grandma!
- 2 Large Eggs (preferably cage free/vegetarian fed)
- ½ small white or red onion
- 4oz. of mushrooms
- 1/8-1/4c Breadcrumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh Romano Cheese
1. Start by dicing your onion and mushroom
2. Once that is done, mix your breadcrumbs and Romano cheese together in a little bowl and put aside
3. Next, in a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms and onions in olive oil for about 2-3 minutes until they are nice and soft
4. Mix the breadcrumb/Romano cheese mixture into the mushrooms and onions and stir for about 1-2 minutes until they are slightly browning and mixed well
5. In a bowl, beat together your 2 eggs and add some salt and pepper – pour over the mushroom mixture and let it set for a few seconds
6. Once it starts to set, use a wooden spoon to bring in the eggs till they are nicely scrambled
7. Sprinkle the top with another pinch of Romano Cheese and Serve your breakfast omelette!