When I was little there was a commercial on TV that said, “bet ya can’t eat just one”. It was an advertisement for a big name brand of chips that I don’t even remember but the slogan stayed with me. Perfect marketing would have been if they included the brand name so I would remember that too 😉 As a kid I must have had more willpower to stop at one because now in my 30’s (ahem…technically 36, where is time going?!?), I am doing well to stop at 1 bag 😉 I love salty foods!! Chips rank high up there in my, #eatallthefoods slogan. I am always looking for subs for foods I love! This veggie chips recipe works perfectly for subbing out my chip addiction for a healthier version!
Want enough for the whole week? Make a double batch on Sunday afternoon, separate into small sandwich baggies and VOILA! You are set for the whole week with veggie chips that are good for you.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs of root vegetables, thinly sliced sweet potatoes
- Sea salt
- Cajun spice
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 TB melted coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes with a mandoline slicer (or a knife), to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Toss the sliced veggies in coconut butter to coat them evenly.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper, and Cajun spice and toss again to ensure spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread the sliced veggies over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until crispy.
- Get them in your belly!
Servings: 4 (or 1 if you are a chip-a-holic like me!)
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 139 calories, 0g fat, 287mg sodium, 22g carbs, 8g fiber, and 3g protein
Since I know many of you want more, I’ve got plenty of healthy recipes just waiting on ya!
Since word of mouth is the best referral….
Like it? Please share on social media!